This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
In CCAT there will be no negative marking but time will be very less. You need to be very quick if you want to attempt all questions . Only some seconds you can get for each question.
Pattern Matching Practice
Below are some tips for solving these question fast
- Observe the first pattern carefully then look to the next(second) pattern and identify the difference from first towards second pattern
- Then once you identifies either there is some rotation or sequence repetition you can observe third pattern
- Like wise apply the same rotation or sequence repetition to third pattern and then you can get the fourth last pattern
- Match with the answer options so you can eliminate the incorrect once
In order to reach to correct answer apply below steps
- Understand the Main Phrase, Check the use of each element
SHOVEL IS TO DIG AS
Here we all know shovel is used for digging , making holes purposes. So the next phrase should have first element and second element defining its use
2. Digging in all options Play is to Win , This option is nearly matching as we usually play for winning but the main purpose of playing is for fun, entertainment.
Weight is to carry , Here the main purpose of weights is to measure not carry
Laugh is to cry , Fire is to Cold- Here Both elements are quite opposite
So we are Left with Option 4 because we know main purpose of money is to be able to buy
SHOVEL IS TO DIG AS MONEY is to BUY
Here if you observe COOKED and RAW are opposite hence from option select where both elements are opposite to each other
COOKED is to RAW as DULL is to SHINY
Enamored is used for feeling of like, love while infatuated is extreme, addiction, possessed short life passion. So here a feeling (likeness) is linked to short possession, feeling to addiction
I think Peculiar has meaning of strange odd so routine (normal) to strange odd will be best option
ENAMORED is to INFATUATED as ROUTINE is to PECULIAR
I will post next question in the further post, For any doubt or clarity in any answer please write in comments