This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Gaming Laptop
|Acer Predator Helios||Acer Predator Triton|
|Processor||Intel Core i7-11800H(11th Generation)4.6GHz||Intel Core i7-10750H|
|RAM type||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4|
|Hard Disk||512 GB SSD||1TB|
|Graphics card||RTX 3060||RTX 2080 Super|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches LED||15.6 inches LED|
|Dimensions||14.31 x 10.04 x 0.9 inches||14.11 x 10.04 x 0.7 inches|
|Weight||5.07 lbs||4.63 lbs|
|OS||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home|
|# of processors||8||6|
|# of USB 3.0 ports||4||3|
|Average battery||6 Hours||5 Hours|
Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S
- Amazing performance with cutting edge 11th gen i7 processor with H range.
- 6GB dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 VRAM means no worry about graphics performance.
- 15.6” FHD IPS LED-backlit Crisp display with 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time makes game run perfectly smooth
- Comes with 512GB PCIe Gen 4 SSD
- Ethernet and wifi can be used at the same time thanks to Intel Killer DoubleShot Pro
- It has AeroBlade 5th gen 89 blades fan to keep system cool and calm
- Though you will be using your own headphone but it equips with Superior Sound: DTS:X Ultra
- Gen-2 Type-C(Thunderbolt 4 and USB Charging), 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Power-off Charging), HDMI 2.1 with HDCP support, Mini DisplayPort 1.4, Headphone/Speaker/Line-out Jack
- Battery life upto 6 hours
The build quality is amazing as it is made of aluminium mixed with plastic. As mentioned above, response time is fast and brightness is perfect with 300 nits. The keyboard is good backlit RGB but cannot be compared to mechanical keyboards.
There are two 2 NVMe slots. On one slot 512GB Samsung PCIe 4×4 NVMe is already placed while other slot can be used to insert 2.5” SSD or HDD.
It comes with Predator Sense app, by which you can set multiple things such as fan speed, lighting and performance setting. You can set default, extreme or turbo options in the setting. With turbo you can get nice performance but have a tap on fan speed and heat.
Cooling system with the fan is good. It can handle most of the games with 60fps.
- Speakers are not powerful
Acer Predator Triton 500 PT515-52-77P9
- Intel Core i7-10750H (10th gen) 6-Core Processor (Up to 5. 0GHz). Though its 10th generation processor but its on high end(H). Know more about H and U here
- It equips with 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Graphics with Max-Q Design. Know more about GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER comparison here
- 15. 6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology | 300Hz Refresh Rate | 3ms Overdrive Response Time | 300nit Brightness | 100% sRGB
- 32GB DDR4 Memory
- Comes with 1TB SSD and another slot is open for upgrade
- Per-key RGB Backlit Keyboard with Customizable Lighting
- LAN: Killer Gaming Network E3100G
- Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax WiFi 6
- 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
This laptop has the capability to replace your desktop setup. With the size in mind, it’s relatively thin as compared to other gaming laptops. There are tons of customization you can do in terms of Overclocking, GPU, coolboost etc. RGB is nice looking to eyes. The performance is exceptional. The 300Hz refresh rate is astonishing. For games like Warzone, Elder scrolls, Elite dangerous this machine takes the highest setting possible without getting maxed out.
This is Intel Core I7 10750H machine with 6 core, 12 threads with max speed of 5GHz. But Predator Sense gives you around ~4.8GHz of speed.
nVidia GeForce RTX 2070 is one of the best graphics cards in the market.
It has the well designed cooling system having 3 fans 5 heat sink.
You can get around 4 hours of battery life.
- Relative expensive
- Average battery life
With better processor(i7-11800H) and graphics card(RTX 3060), I would go with Acer Predator Helios 300